2023 NJHFR GOLF CAR RULES
The following rules and regulations for golf car usage will be in effect for 2023. Enforcement will be done by NHSRA, event venue staff, onsite security, and Dever Inc. staff. There will be one warning for minor infractions and then the golf car will be confiscated with no rental or permit refund. Serious infractions will result in confiscation of golf car and loss of use immediately without warning. These rules apply to personal golf cars (registered with Dever) and rental golf cars.
1. No privately owned ATVs, UTVs, scooters, motorcycles, go-carts, etc., will be allowed on the grounds. Only golf cars provided by or registered through Dever are permitted on the grounds, for liability purposes. The number of personal golf cars allowed on grounds will be limited. There will be no exceptions.
2. All golf cars must be registered, credentialed and permitted. The permit must be prominently displayed on the front hood of the golf car.
3. All drivers must be licensed and 16 years of age or older to operate a golf car. Customers must be 21 years of age or older to rent one.
4. Drivers must provide proof of age, license, and/or their authorized wristband if stopped by security or staff.
5. There is a 12:00am curfew on golf car usage for anyone 21 years and under. No time restriction on golf car usage by parents or adult guardians.
6. Drivers must avoid all off-limit areas on event grounds. Restricted areas will be signed and flagged as such. No golf cars permitted off grounds or on public roads. Golf cars are not allowed inside the horse/barns/tents at any time.
7. When not in use, rented golf cars must be securely locked with the lock and cable provided at check out. Failure to do so could result in your golf car being confiscated and possible loss of use for the remainder of the event and no refund.
8. Under no circumstance should a golf car be lent to an unauthorized driver. If it is stolen or damaged, you are still responsible for any and all repair or replacement costs. Payment will be collected immediately. Replacement costs: $6790 2-passenger, $7770 4-passenger, $8050 utility, $9170 4-passenger lifted, $12530 6-passenger.
9. Rented golf cars will be inspected upon check out for pre-existing damages. Customer is responsible for all damages other than those noted and agreed upon at check out. A minimum $50 fee will be assessed to any customer whose golf car is returned with trash, decorations or excessive mud. No duct tape, masking tape, clear tape, glue, spray paint, crepe paper. Approved adhesives are blue or green painter’s tape, bungee cords, zip ties and rope. Additional fees could be incurred based on the state of the golf car upon return.
10. Any golf car found with the governor/speed adjusted will be confiscated immediately. Rental customers will be fined $500 or cost of repair if damaged depending on whichever is greater. (NO Warning for this offense.)
11. Passengers are not to exceed the capacity allowed on the golf car. Each person on the car must be seated on a bench seat (2-passenger golf car/2 people, 4-passenger golf car/4 people, 6-passenger golf car/6-people, and utility golf car/2 people.). No standing or hanging on, no riding in utility beds or on the roof.
12. Drinking alcohol, use of drugs, texting, and horseplay are strictly prohibited while driving and/or riding the golf car.
13. Reckless driving, abuse of the rules, and irresponsible driving will result in loss of golf car. Zero Tolerance Policy. First offense will result in the golf car being confiscated for remainder of event.
14. Golf car must be driven in a safe manner and all rules followed to maintain the golf car privilege.
15. Operating a golf car as well as being a passenger can pose a risk of injury or death; operator must adhere to all safety rules to ensure the safety of everyone attending the event.
It is expressly understood and agreed that Dever, the Georgia State Fair Grounds, the NHSRA, their staff, owners or operators and agent shall not be held liable for damages or injuries of any kind, whether to persons and/or property, and/or loss of time, and any other loss arising from the use, operation of, or in any way connected with the golf car rental. I have read, understand and accept all the terms of this agreement. Failure to comply with these terms may result in the termination of event credentials, the golf car being impounded and forfeiture of golf car privileges for the remainder of the event.
Georgia National Fairgrounds & Agricenter Rules & Regulations
1. Due to maintenance crews working in the barns, short turnover times between events and the need to have health papers checked no early arrivals can be allowed on the grounds. This includes bringing in tack, tents or any other equipment. Violators can be asked to leave the show.
2. Bagged shavings and Pellets are only available on the grounds for purchase, No outside shavings. They will be available until approximately 9 p.m. each evening. Any exhibitors arriving after that time may purchase shavings or straw the next morning at approximately 8 a.m.
3. No use of duct tape on the floors, walls, columns, etc. Please use White Boards located in barns and around arenas.
4. Dogs on grounds must be leashed at all times. Please clean up after dogs.
5. Use of heaters in the barns is discouraged. Any heater with an open flame is banned from the grounds.
6. No cooking is allowed inside or around the outside of the barns to comply with local fire codes. Coolers are allowed. Cooking may be done in parking lot, next to trailers.
7. Generators are prohibited.
8. No Alcohol on ground during youth events.
9. Skateboards, scooters, roller skates, hover boards, roller blades, and other similar mechanical equipment ARE PROHIBITED within all property known as the Georgia National Fairgrounds & Agricenter unless approved by the Office of Public Safety as part of a scheduled program or demonstration registered through an appropriate administration office.
10. Any motorized vehicle used on the grounds must be operated by a licensed driver (at least 16 yrs. of age).