"*" indicates required fields
We hereby rent to you the Golf Cart(s) indicated, subject to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The words “you,” “your,” and “yours” mean the Customer indicated on this form. “We,” “us,” or “our” mean Dever, Inc.
AUTHORIZED DRIVERS. The Golf Cart shall be used, operated or driven only by an Authorized Driver. Authorized Driver means: (a) the Customer; (b) the Customer’s spouse; (c) the Customer’s employee or co-worker if engaged in a business activity with the Customer; or (d) any person who operates the Golf Cart in an emergency or while parking at a commercial establishment, provided that each such person is a licensed driver or is at least age 21.
PROHIBITED USES. The Golf Cart shall NOT be used, driven, or operated by: (a) anyone other than an Authorized Driver; (b) anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol; (c) to push anything; (d) to tow anything; (e) to carry persons or property for hire, carry dangerous or hazardous items or illegal material, or for driver training activity; (f) in connection with conduct, or for any purpose, that could be properly charged as a felony or misdemeanor in the State where the conduct occurs; (g) outside the State in which the Golf Cart was rented; (h) by any person who provides fraudulent, false or misleading information to us. You will not: (i) leave the Golf Cart unattended, with the key in it or unlocked; (j) intentionally, willfully, wantonly, or recklessly damage the Golf Cart; or (k) re-rent the Golf Cart to anyone else.
AMOUNTS DUE US. You shall pay us on demand each of the following: (a) the rate and other charges indicated this Agreement; (b) all applicable taxes; (c) all toll, parking and traffic fines, citations, penalties, forfeitures, court costs, towing and storage, and out-of-pocket expenses assessed against us, the Golf Cart, or you, unless these charges are due to our fault; (d) regardless of fault, all damage to, or loss or theft of, the Golf Cart, which includes the cost of repair, or the actual cash retail value of the Golf Cart on the date of the loss if the Golf Cart is not repairable or if we elect not to repair the vehicle; and (e) our costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, incurred in collecting any payments due hereunder or in repossessing the Golf Cart. Replacement value of Golf Cart: $6790 2-passenger, $7770 4-passenger TXT, $8050 cargo, $9170 4- passenger S4, $12530 6-passenger.
CREDIT CHARGES. To the extent permitted by law, you authorize us to process a credit card voucher in your name for payments due us under this Agreement.
RETURN OF VEHICLE. This Agreement is one of rental only. The Golf Cart is our property and shall be returned on the “Due Back” date indicated, or earlier if demanded, together with all tires, tools, accessories, and equipment in the same condition as when rented, ordinary wear and tear accepted. Failure to return the Golf Cart to Dever on the date set forth in this Agreement will terminate your permission to use the Golf Cart. If the Golf Cart is not returned to us at location listed herein, you agree to pay all expenses we incur to have the Golf Cart returned, including a minimum $50 retrieval fee. We, or any of our agents or employees, may peacefully repossess the Golf Cart, without demand, wherever found and terminate this agreement if the Golf Cart is illegally parked or used in violation of law or of this Agreement.
ACCIDENTS. You shall immediately report any accident involving the Golf Cart to us and deliver to us, or if we request, to our insurer, every process, pleading, notice, or paper of any kind received by you or any driver of the Golf Cart relating to any claim, suit, or proceeding connected with any accident or event involving the Golf Cart. Neither you nor any driver of the Golf Cart shall aid or abet the assertion of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall cooperate fully with us and our insurer in investigating and defending the same.
INDEMNITY. You agree to indemnify and hold us and our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, predecessors and assigns, past and present (the “Indemnified Parties”), harmless from all claims, liability, costs and attorney fees we and the Indemnified Parties incur resulting from, or arising out of, this rental and your use of the Golf Cart.
YOUR PROPERTY. You release us, and the other Indemnified Parties, from all claims for loss of, or damage to, your personal property, or that of any other person, that we received, handled or stored, or that was left or carried in or on the Golf Cart or in our offices, whether or not the loss or damage was caused by our negligence or was otherwise our responsibility.
NO WARRANTIES. We make no warranties, express, implied or apparent regarding the Golf Cart, no warranty of merchantability, and no warranty that the Golf Cart is fit for a particular purpose.
NO AGENCY. You are not our agent, servant, or employee for any reason or for any purpose.
REPAIRS. You shall not permit any repairs to the Golf Cart or allow any lien to be placed upon it without our consent. You shall be liable for any such repairs.
WAIVER. A waiver by us of any breach of this Agreement is not a waiver of any additional breach or waiver of the performance of your obligations under this Agreement. Our acceptance of payment from you or our failure, refusal, or neglect to exercise any of our rights under this Agreement is not a waiver of any other provision of this Agreement. You release us from any liability for consequential, special, or punitive damages in connection with this rental or the reservation of a Golf Cart. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions are valid and enforceable.
*No refunds or credits for late pickups, early rental returns, changes due to inclement weather and/or natural disasters.
2022 NJHFR GOLF CAR RULES
The following rules and regulations for golf car usage will be in effect for 2022. Enforcement will be done by NHSRA, event venue staff, onsite security, and Dever Inc. staff. There will be one warning for minor infractions and then the golf car will be confiscated with no rental or permit refund. Serious infractions will result in confiscation of golf car and loss of use immediately without warning. These rules apply to personal golf cars (registered with Dever) and rental golf cars.
1. No privately owned ATVs, UTVs, scooters, motorcycles, go-carts, etc., will be allowed on the grounds. Only golf cars provided by or registered through Dever are permitted on the grounds, for liability purposes. The number of personal golf cars allowed on grounds will be limited. There will be no exceptions.
2. All golf cars must be registered, credentialed and permitted. The permit must be prominently displayed on the front hood of the golf car.
3. All drivers must be licensed and 16 years of age or older to operate a golf car. Customers must be 21 years of age or older to rent one.
4. Drivers must provide proof of age, license, and/or their authorized wristband if stopped by security or staff.
5. There is a 12:00am curfew on golf car usage for anyone 21 years and under. No time restriction on golf car usage by parents or adult guardians.
6. Drivers must avoid all off-limit areas on event grounds. Restricted areas will be signed and flagged as such. No golf cars permitted off grounds or on public roads. Golf cars are not allowed inside the horse/barns/tents at any time.
7. When not in use, rented golf cars must be securely locked with the lock and cable provided at check out. Failure to do so could result in your golf car being confiscated and possible loss of use for the remainder of the event and no refund.
8. Under no circumstance should a golf car be lent to an unauthorized driver. If it is stolen or damaged, you are still responsible for any and all repair or replacement costs. Payment will be collected immediately. Replacement costs: $6790 2-passenger, $7770 4-passenger, $8050 utility, $9170 4-passenger lifted, $12530 6-passenger.
9. Rented golf cars will be inspected upon check out for pre-existing damages. Customer is responsible for all damages other than those noted and agreed upon at check out. A minimum $50 fee will be assessed to any customer whose golf car is returned with trash, decorations or excessive mud. No duct tape, masking tape, clear tape, glue, spray paint, crepe paper. Approved adhesives are blue or green painter’s tape, bungee cords, zip ties and rope. Additional fees could be incurred based on the state of the golf car upon return.
10. Any golf car found with the governor/speed adjusted will be confiscated immediately. Rental customers will be fined $500 or cost of repair if damaged depending on whichever is greater. (NO Warning for this offense.)
11. Passengers are not to exceed the capacity allowed on the golf car. Each person on the car must be seated on a bench seat (2-passenger golf car/2 people, 4-passenger golf car/4 people, 6-passenger golf car/6-people, and utility golf car/2 people.). No standing or hanging on, no riding in utility beds or on the roof.
12. Drinking alcohol, use of drugs, texting, and horseplay are strictly prohibited while driving and/or riding the golf car.
13. Reckless driving, abuse of the rules, and irresponsible driving will result in loss of golf car. Zero Tolerance Policy. First offense will result in the golf car being confiscated for remainder of event.
14. Golf car must be driven in a safe manner and all rules followed to maintain the golf car privilege.
15. Operating a golf car as well as being a passenger can pose a risk of injury or death; operator must adhere to all safety rules to ensure the safety of everyone attending the event.
It is expressly understood and agreed that Dever, the Georgia State Fair Grounds, the NHSRA, their staff, owners or operators and agent shall not be held liable for damages or injuries of any kind, whether to persons and/or property, and/or loss of time, and any other loss arising from the use, operation of, or in any way connected with the golf car rental. I have read, understand and accept all the terms of this agreement. Failure to comply with these terms may result in the termination of event credentials, the golf car being impounded and forfeiture of golf car privileges for the remainder of the event.
Georgia National Fairgrounds & Agricenter Rules & Regulations
1. Due to maintenance crews working in the barns, short turnover times between events and the need to have health papers checked no early arrivals can be allowed on the grounds. This includes bringing in tack, tents or any other equipment. Violators can be asked to leave the show.
2. Bagged shavings and Pellets are only available on the grounds for purchase, No outside shavings. They will be available until approximately 9 p.m. each evening. Any exhibitors arriving after that time may purchase shavings or straw the next morning at approximately 8 a.m.
3. No use of duct tape on the floors, walls, columns, etc. Please use White Boards located in barns and around arenas.
4. Dogs on grounds must be leashed at all times. Please clean up after dogs.
5. Use of heaters in the barns is discouraged. Any heater with an open flame is banned from the grounds.
6. No cooking is allowed inside or around the outside of the barns to comply with local fire codes. Coolers are allowed. Cooking may be done in parking lot, next to trailers.
7. Generators are prohibited.
8. No Alcohol on ground during youth events.
9. Skateboards, scooters, roller skates, hover boards, roller blades, and other similar mechanical equipment ARE PROHIBITED within all property known as the Georgia National Fairgrounds & Agricenter unless approved by the Office of Public Safety as part of a scheduled program or demonstration registered through an appropriate administration office.
10. Any motorized vehicle used on the grounds must be operated by a licensed driver (at least 16 yrs. of age).