The following rules and regulations for golf car usage will be in effect for 2021. Enforcement will be done by NHSRA, event venue staff, onsite security, and Dever Inc. staff. There will be one warning for minor infractions and then the golf car will be confiscated with no rental refund. Serious infractions will result in confiscation of golf car and loss of rental immediately without warning.
1. No privately owned golf cars, ATVs, UTVs, motorcycles, go-carts, etc., will be allowed on the grounds. Only golf cars provided by Dever and GTI are permitted on the grounds, for liability purposes. No exceptions.
2. All rental golf cars must be registered, credentialed and permitted. The permit must be prominently displayed on the front hood of the golf car.
3. All drivers must be licensed and 16 years of age or older to operate a golf car and 21 years of age or older to rent one.
4. Drivers must provide proof of age, license, and/or their authorized wristband if stopped by security or staff.
5. There is a 12:00am curfew on golf car usage for anyone 21 years and under. No time restriction on golf car usage by parents or adult guardians.
6. Drivers must avoid all off-limit areas on event grounds. Restricted areas will be signed and flagged as such. Golf cars are not permitted off grounds or on public roads. Golf cars are not allowed inside the horse/barns/tents at any time.
7. When not in use, golf car must be locked up with the lock and cable provided at check out. Failure to do so could result in your golf car being confiscated and possible loss of usage for the remainder of the event and no rental refund.
8. Do not, under any circumstances, lend your golf car to an unauthorized driver. If it is stolen or damaged, you are still responsible for any and all repair or replacement costs. Payment will be collected immediately.
9. Golf cars will be inspected upon check out for pre-existing damages. You will be responsible for all damages other than those noted and agreed upon at check out. A minimum $50 fee will be assessed to any customer whose golf car is returned with trash, decorations or excessive mud. Additional fees could be incurred based on the state of the golf car upon return.
10. Any golf car found with the governor/speed adjusted will be confiscated immediately. The customer responsible for the golf car will then be fined $500 or cost of repair if damaged depending on whichever is greater. (NO Warning for this offense.)
11. Passengers are not to exceed the capacity allowed on the golf car. Each person on the car must be seated on the bench seat (2-passenger golf car/2 people, 4-passenger golf car/4 people, 6-passenger golf car/6-people, and utility golf car/2 people.). No riding in utility beds or on the roof.
12. Drinking alcohol, use of drugs, texting, and horseplay are strictly prohibited while driving and/or riding the golf car.
13. Reckless driving, abuse of the rules, and irresponsible driving will result in loss of golf car. (NO Tolerance Policy. First offense will result in the golf car being confiscated for remainder of event with no refund).
14. Golf car must be driven in a safe manner and all rules followed to maintain the golf car privilege.
15. Operating a golf car as well as being a passenger on a golf car can pose a risk of injury or death; operator must adhere to all safety rules to insure the safety of everyone attending the event.
It is expressly understood and agreed that Dever, the Iowa State Fair Grounds, the NHSRA, their staff, owners or operators and agent shall not be held liable for damages or injuries of any kind, whether to persons and/or property, and/or loss of time, and any other loss arising from the use, operation of, or in any way connected with the golf car rental. I have read, understand and accept all the terms of this agreement. Failure to comply with these terms may result in the termination of event credentials, the golf car being impounded and forfeiture of golf car privileges for the remainder of the event.
Golf cart usage on the Iowa State Fairgrounds is restricted and monitored by the Iowa State Fair Police Department. All golf carts operating on the grounds must be through Dever Inc, who will provide registration information to the Iowa State Fair Police Department. The only exceptions are golf cars or UTV's being used by vendors, NHSRA staff, and Iowa State Fair employees. The following rules will be followed while operating on the state fairgrounds:
1.Unless registered by the vendor renting the unit, operating permits will be purchased at the Police Department located on the grounds inside the main entrance (gate # 11).
2. All carts and UTV's must be insured.
3. The operating permit will be placed on the front of the vehicle so it can be easily seen by officers.
4. You must be 16 years of age and possess a valid driver's license to operate a cart or UTV on the fairgrounds property.
5. The operator of the golf cart is responsible for damages to state fair property that occur during operation on the grounds.
6. Any cart or UTV operating on the grounds between sunset and sunrise "MUST" have a minimum of one operating headlight.
7. DO NOT overload the cart or UTV. All persons riding on a cart or UTV must be seated in a seat. NO STANDING on the cart or UTV while it is in motion.
8. All drivers are expected to operate carts or UTV's at a careful and prudent speed at all times and reduce speed while yielding to pedestrians, livestock and other vehicles. All State of Iowa traffic laws do apply while operating on the fairgrounds.
9. All carts and UTV's are prohibited from driving on all sidewalks, including the "FUN FOREST" and "PELLA PLAZA" areas.
10. No alcohol consumption is allowed while operating a cart or UTV. Operating while intoxicated laws DO apply to golf carts and UTV's so drink responsibly if you are driving.
Operating a golf cart or UTV on the fairgrounds is a privilege you have been afforded, NOT A "RIGHT." Anyone found violating these rules and regulations are subject to having their permit revoked, their cart or UTV impounded and the offender may be evicted from the fairgrounds. You will not be refunded your rental cost if your rental cart is impounded for violation of the rules and regulations.
For additional questions or information please contact the Iowa State Fair Police. 515-262-3931